3. INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT CONTAIN OR CONSTITUTE, AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS, LEGAL ADVICE OR OPINION.
4. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND VOLG. SIMILARLY, THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO AND FROM VOLG BY MEANS OF THE WEBSITE IS NOT AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION. If You would like VOLG to represent You, You should complete our online contact submission form. If the matter in connection with which You seek representation involves other parties, be sure to list each and every one of them on the online case submission form. If VOLG agrees to represent You, it will inform You by email or telephone, and will provide an engagement agreement setting forth the basis of the representation. Unless and until You have executed and returned that engagement agreement, and VOLG has confirmed its receipt, no attorney-client relationship exists.
Unless an attorney-client relationship exists between You and VOLG, You shall not represent to any third party, either directly or by implication, that You are represented by VOLG, or that VOLG is in any way involved in Your matter. Without limiting the foregoing, unless an attorney-client relationship exists between You and VOLG, You shall not copy VOLG, or any attorney or employee of VOLG, on any emails or letters in a manner that could reasonably be interpreted by any third party to mean that You are represented by VOLG.
BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A CLIENT OF VOLG, INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU TO VOLG MAY NOT BE PROTECTED BY THE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, You agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
6. NO LICENSE. Strategy.Guidance.Teamwork.® is a registered trademark (®) of the Van Oorschot Law Group, PC. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting You a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by VOLG or by any third party.
7. NO WARRANTIES. VOLG is making the site available “As Is” without warranty of any kind. You assume the risk of any and all damage or loss from use of, or inability to use, the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, VOLG expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding the site, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. VOLG does not warrant that the Site or the service will meet You requirements or that the operation of the Site or service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
8. LIMITED LIABILITY. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to the negligence of VOLG, its agents or service providers, shall VOLG, its agents or service providers be liable for any consequential, direct, incidental, indirect, punitive, or special damages that result from (a) the use of, (b) the inability to use, or (c) errors or omissions in the contents and functions of, the Site, even if VOLG or any of its agents or service providers has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to You. In no event shall the total liability of VOLG, its agents, or service providers to You for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract of tort, including but not limited to, negligence or otherwise) exceed $100.00.
9. THIRD-PARTY LINKS. VOLG has no control over, and no liability for any third party websites or materials. VOLG works with a number of partners and affiliates whose Internet sites may be linked with the Site including, but not limited to: LawPay, Facebook, Dropbox, Google, and Constant Contact. Because neither VOLG nor the Site has control over the content and performance of these partner and affiliate sites, VOLG makes no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of the information provided by such sites. By visiting or using Third-Party Websites, You assume all responsibility and liability for all resulting harms, whether to You or to any third party, including without limitation as resulting from Your downloading or use of any content, software or other materials available therefrom.
10. PROHIBITED USES. VOLG imposes certain restrictions on Your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for You, or logging onto a server or account that You are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by VOLG in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject You to civil and/or criminal liability.
14. CALIFORNIA USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by VOLG from its offices in the State of California. VOLG makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which You have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as VOLG’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than California.
15. INACCURACY DISCLAIMER. From time to time there may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice
17. Communication Concerning Availability of Professional Employment. The Website and certain issues of the Articles/Blawg are “communications” within the meaning of Rule 1-400 of the California Rules of Professional Conduct. Neither this Website nor the Articles/Blawg is intended as, nor should they in any way be construed as, “Solicitations” as also defined by Rule 1-400. If You believe that the Website violates any applicable ethical rule, whether in Your jurisdiction or elsewhere, You should immediately leave the Website, and should disregard all information and other materials available thereon.
© 2017 Van Oorschot Law Group, PC, 10513 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90025. All rights reserved.